For people who own a house

This is how we compensate you if you own a detached house. Selling a property is a big decision, a long process and an important transaction. Here is everything you need to know before the sale and how the process works.

En flygbild över Malmberget med Gällivare i bakgrunden.

The process

We understand that you have many questions about the urban transformation and how it will affect you. We will do our best to answer your concerns about the timing of the impact, possible relocation options, and how the move itself will be carried out. To support you throughout the process, you will be in contact with one of our urban transformation representatives. Their role is to guide and assist you through the various stages of the urban transformation and serve as a contact person for your questions and concerns.

First meeting

Well in advance of mining affecting your property and current infrastructure, LKAB will inform you about when you can expect to be impacted by the urban transformation. We will reach out to you and schedule the first meeting to plan your relocation.


An independent property valuer will carry out a market valuation of each individual detached house. The valuation is fair when individual differences and disparities influence the price.<br>This means that if you have renovated or rebuilt your house and improved the standard, you will have a higher valuation than someone who has not done the same. The size of the plot also influences the value of your property.<br>The total value of the house and land is used as a basis for the replacement property or compensation sum. The basis for your compensation is the market value of your house, according to the valuation.

Who is responsible for what in the house process?

LKAB is responsible for providing property owners with an offer of a house or money. We are also responsible for ordering your new detached house, for laying tarmac on the drive and for sowing the lawn. LKAB's role finishes once the final inspection has been carried out.

Responsibility of the house supplier?

The house supplier is responsible for ensuring that the house is constructed in accordance with the order, for the guarantee and for fixing faults that are identified during the inspection. The house supplier is also responsible for consulting with you during the guarantee period.The property owner is responsible for ordering and paying for add-ons and any tax effects, and for caring for the green spaces.


Once you have made your choice in consultation with LKAB's urban transformation officer, the processes differ depending on the choices you have made. If you have chosen a house, a contract is signed and LKAB orders the house. You purchase your add-ons directly from the house supplier and the construction starts. If you have chosen to have the money, a contract is signed between you and LKAB. On the agreed completion date, LKAB pays the purchase price to you as property owner.<br><br>Remember the tax if you make a profit on the sale. Read more on the Tax Authority's website, or contact your local tax office.<br> du information om hur processen slutförs när försäljningen väl är genomförd.

After sale

Once the property has been sold to LKAB, this does not mean that you are required to move immediately. You can choose to remain for a limited time as a tenant of LKAB Fastigheter until the area is closed down. If you have chose a replacement house, you can remain until you can move into the new house.

We understand that you have many questions.

We will do our best to answer your questions about when you will be affected, where you can move, and how the relocation will happen. However, it can often be challenging to provide straightforward and simple answers because LKAB does not control the entire transformation, and many parties are involved.